Detailed eligibility for M.tech courses in ISM Dhanbad:
- For qualifying degrees for each of the M.Tech courses: click here
- For admission in M.Tech. programmes, applicants under all categories must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology or equivalent from the Institutes recognized by UGC/AICTE or a Masters degree in Science.
- GATE Candidates must have valid GATE score in the paper appropriate to the discipline of their qualifying degree. The GATE score should remain valid at the time of admission.
- Non-GATE or GATE not qualified and sponsored candidates must qualify the ISM Entrance Examination (ISM –EE) conducted by ISM at different centres all over the country in respective paper appropriate to their discipline in which they seek admission.
- Candidates seeking admission to M.Tech. Programme of the Institute should have Minimum 55% or CGPA/CPI of 5.5 in 10 point scale (without rounding off) in the qualifying degree for GN/OBC candidates Minimum 50% or CGPA/CPI of 5.0 in 10 point scale (without rounding off) in the qualifying degree for SC/ST candidates.
- It is essential for a candidate to pass higher secondary (10 + 2 level) with Mathematics. This criterion, however, is not applicable for the candidates who have not gone through higher secondary (10 + 2 level) examination before their graduation.
- An applicant admitted to a postgraduate programme with assistantship will NOT be eligible for admission with assistantship in any other programme of this or any other Institution on the basis of the same GATE scorecard. The GATE Score card will be stamped after admission.
- Requirement of minimum percentage of marks for M.Tech. programmes may be waived off for the teachers having teaching experience of 10 years or more.
- Selection of applicants whose results in the qualifying degree examination are not declared will be provisional, subjected to condition that all parts of the examination must be completed in all respects before the date of joining the Institute and the marks sheet/certificate as evidence of passing the qualifying examination to be submitted latest by 31 October, 2014.
- The Migration Certificate must be submitted latest by 31 October, 2014.
- Seats are reserved for OBC/SC/ST candidates and physically challenged (PC) candidates as per Government of India rules. Admission to reserved category candidates will be done as per Government of India notification.
- Applicants must be in good health. The candidate has to submit the medical certificate in the prescribed proforma at the time of admission. The certificate will be verified by Medical officers of ISM at the time of admission. In case of any discrepancy found in the certificate of medical fitness, the opinion of the Institute Medical Officer will be final.
- The candidate must be below the age of 30 years (35 years for women, PC, SC, ST & OBC) as on the last date of application [8th April, 2014].
Eligibility For Sponsored Candidates: In addition to the above requirements, the sponsored candidates have to fulfil the following criterion:
- Candidates must have at least two years full time work experience, at the time of application, in a government organization or companies of repute in the relevant field or in a recognized Academic Institutions.
- Application form of the sponsored candidates must be endorsed by the present employer.
For more information about ISM M.tech admissions 2014: Click here