Based on student test experiences in the stream of EC on 15th February, 2014 – First Session:
1. Questions with numerical answers accounted for 40-50 % of the paper. Hence you cannot guess your way through the paper. General Ability section also has such questions.
2. In the papers of the past, there used to be some questions which could be solved by eliminating the wrong options. But with an increase in the “numerical answer” type questions, this method of problem solving takes a backseat.
3. With the high occurrence of “numerical answer” type questions, one has to be thorough and careful with unit conversions so as to type in the correct answer. Earlier, the four options more or less served as guidelines.
4. Among general ability questions, there was one question each from Data Interpretation, Probability, Time and Speed (Relative Velocity), Series, logical reasoning and critical reasoning.
5. Engineering Mathematics questions were of average difficulty level. There were questions from Linear Algebra (2 questions), Differential Equation (1 question), Complex Integration (1 question) and Vector Calculus.
6. There were some direct questions from a few topics while some of questions needed concept of two topics to solve them. Such questions were tough to solve. Scoring sections were Networks, Control Systems, Signal and Systems and Analog Circuits.
7. The sequence of questions was different for each candidate i.e. no two candidates will have same sequence of questions.
8. There were no “Common Data” and “Linked” questions in this paper as well.
Section wise analysis of the paper:
|Subject||1 marks||2 marks||Total no of questions|
|Signals and Systems||3||4||7|
Type of questions asked from each section
one question based on probability, one question on complex algebra, two question based on matrix, one solution of differential equation
one question based on KCL, one question based on maximum power transfer, and one question based on AC circuit and some basic question
one simple question based on concentration under forward biased and one question to find transconductance and some formulae based question
one question based on gain, one question based on MOSFET node vlg for given circuit and threshold, one question based on op-amp offset vlg and some questions based on simple analysis
one question based on essential prime implicants, one question on simple combinational circuit, one question based on asynchronous counter frequency analysis
Signals and Systems
one question based on fundamental period, one based on Z-transform, one question based on Fourier series, and some simple bits
one question based on find the value of k for repeated poles, one question based on GM, one question based on State space analysis
one question based on sampling frequency, one question on BSC, one Random variable etc
one question based on plane waves, one question transmission line etc
GATE 2014 Electronics & Communication (ECE) Question Paper with solutions provided by Madeeasy:
GATE 2014 Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) Solved Question Paper – 15 February-Morning Session
GATE 2014 Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) Solved Question Paper – 16 February-Morning Session
GATE 2014 Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) Solved Question Paper – 16 February-Evening Session
To discuss and share more about GATE 2014: click here
To download CE GATE 2014 question paper with solution: click here
To download GATE 2014 EE Question paper, solutions & analysis: click here
To download GATE 2014 CS Question paper, solutions & analysis: click here
To download GATE 2014 ME Question Paper,Solutions & Analysis: click here