Organisation Name: PSU (Public Sector undertaking)
Education Qualification: B.tech
Selection Procedure: gate exam + GD/Interview or written test + GD/Interview
Preparation tips for non gate PSUs:
PSUs Entrance Exam Question Paper mainly consists of two major sections:
- Technical Section
- Non Technical Section
Syllabus of Technical Section: Subject specialization of related stream
Syllabus of Non-Technical Section: General Awareness, Current Affairs, English Language, Reasoning & Aptitude.
Weight age of Technical and non technical: 50% to 70% questions are from technical and remaining questions from non-technical sections.
Thus to crack PSU competitive exam, candidate should prepare for both technical and non-technical sections.
Important Tips for written test:
- Be aware of exam pattern of different PSUs like number of technical questions, number of non-technical questions, negative marking, exam duration, marks per question etc.
- Always make it a habit of referring to previous year question papers.
- Adopt Reference books for derivations, equations, conceptual thought process, theory etc.
- Short Cut Techniques: Traditional methods to solve numerical problems is a time taking process, try to adopt short cut techniques to save the time.
- Practice previous year question papers and analyze in which topics you are weak and concentrate more on those topics. Always try to solve the papers in given time limit to obtain the idea that how many questions you are able to solve in given time limits.
Group Discussion Round: Group Discussion is a crucial round conducted for shortlisted candidates. Good communication skills, topic knowledge, team spirit, leadership qualities, patience level are the major parameters to be considered.
Personal Interview: Sound technical knowledge, positive attitude, body language, good communication skills play an important role to clear personal interviews.