Overview: Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) 2015 exam is just two months away, most of the students started heating up for GATE exam. This is the time when students are done with their regular engineering exams and it’s time to get really serious about GATE. If someone misses this time or doesn’t get serious with preparation then cracking GATE would just be a nightmare. To score excellent marks in any entrance examination, it is imperative that the candidate should prepare well. GATE is one of the toughest entrance exams, students have to put in extra effort to crack this exam. GATE 2015 would be held on January 31 and 1, 7, 8, 14 February 2015. The candidates who are appearing for the GATE need to have an in-depth knowledge about the examination.
Below are tips for success in GATE 2015 Exam:
- Have your concepts clear: This is more of a pre-requisite than a step. The clearer they will be, the easier you will find to sail through.
- Subjects having maximum weightage: The most important part for cracking GATE examination is analysing which subjects have the maximum weightage and try to cover them first. Do more of theory in the initial phase and just a few questions based on them so that you can understand them in a better way. Make list of your weak subjects and focus more on.
- Make your own short notes: Make your notes simultaneously so that you can revise them few days before the exam and can save much of your time. This will help you to speed up your preparation, as the notes don’t go into every detail of the subject, cover the essential concepts needed for the exam and save time. Have the habit of revising your notes in your free time so that it becomes easy to recall at the time of exam
- Do more and more questions: Have a question bank or GATE questions answer book for sure. Don’t worry if you cannot solve all the questions. At least you will get an idea of the type of question you can expect and where do you stand. Whenever you are unable to solve the questions, refer to the relevant theory and notes. No new topics in last days.
- Solve previous year papers: Every GATE aspirant must solve previous year question papers. It gives an idea about the GATE question paper. Focus more on solving numerical.
- Avoid reading from soft copies: It’s very common among student to search and download the soft copies of the books and notes. These soft copies can be easily found, downloaded and shared. But the disadvantage with soft copies is that you will read them on computer and can be easily distracted to other things like music, videos, internet … etc. It is always beneficial to make a hard copy of the important pages and avoid computer to concentrate well on the desired subject. You can also write down some important points if don’t want to have printed copy.
- Make notes of the important topics: Make meaningful notes. Write down important formulae, tips, tricks and techniques in a separate notebook. These will be of great help before the exam when you are hard-pressed for time.
- Hard Work should be in the right direction: Whatever work you do in your routine, if it does not have any direction then the work done will be a waste. When you work blindly without knowing anything you may fail to get a proper result. Try to read at least two different topics/subjects in a day so that you can finish two topics/subjects simultaneously without losing interest.
- Once you complete a subject, test yourself. Go for sample test papers or solve sample questions from the book. You can also go for GATE online test series or mock tests. And, try also to give some time to your weak topics.
All the best Guys from the Team Engistan !!