Changes in GATE 2015:
- GATE 2015 score is valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of the results.
- During the online GATE 2015 examination, all candidates will be provided with an online scientific calculator.
- For GATE 2015 all Supporting documents are to be sent online only. No hard copy will be accepted by GATE 2015 management.
- And payments have to be made through debit/ATM cards or credit cards or internet banking and e-challan only.
Organizing Institute for GATE 2015: IIT Kanpur
Gate 2015 Eligibility: Click here
GATE 2015 Syllabus: Click here
GATE 2015 Exam Pattern and Marking scheme:Click here
Important dates for GATE 2015:
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens: Enrolment, Application Filling, Application Submission||1st September 2014(00:00 Hrs)|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website||1st October 2014(23:59Hrs)|
|Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login||21st November 2014|
|Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing||17th December 2014|
|GATE 2015 Online Examination Forenoon: 9.00 AM to 12.00 Noon Afternoon: 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM||31st January, 1st, 7th, 8th and 14th February, 2015|
|Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website||12th March 2015 (10:00 Hrs)|
Below procedure is adopted by institutes, for the admission to M.tech or Phd courses with MHRD scholarship/assistantship:
- Institute can directly admit students to post graduate course (both M.tech and phd) based on performance in gate only.
- Institute can admit students based on gate score, test /interview/both or academic record for selection of students for courses. And selection is based on:
|Subject||Minimum weight age|
|Test+ interview+ academic record||30%|
*The institutes can prescribe a minimum passing percentage of marks in the test/interview.
*Some institutes can specify GATE qualification as the mandatory requirement even for admission without MHRD scholarship/assistantship.
Financial Assistantship: Examines who will opt to do M.Tech program or doctoral program with a valid gate score in Engineering/Technology/Architecture from Institutes supported by the MHRD or other Government agencies will get financial assistantship from institute of Rs 8,000/- (the amount may vary from institute to institute).
GATE 2015 employment: Several public sector undertaking have, in the past, used GATE scores for screening for providing a salaried employment. A select few such organizations are: Indian Oil Corporation Limited, National Thermal Power Corporation, Power Grid India, etc
Application procedure: Candidates have to follow Online application procedure.
Application fee: Application fee is to be paid online.
|Category||Application fee (in Rs)|
|Male candidate (GEN)||1500|
|Women candidate any Category||750|
|Other candidate (GEN/OBC)||1500|
|SC/ST/PWD* Category candidate||750|
To download GATE 2015 information brochure: click here
GATE 2015 official site: click here