About IIIT Allahabad: The Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (IIIT-A) was established in 1999, as a center of excellence in Information Technology and allied areas. The institute was conferred “Deemed University” status by Govt. of India in the year 2000. The Institute thus became empowered to have a perpetual seal and award degrees subsequent to the conduct of its own examinations. IIIT Allahabad is an Institute of National importance. The Institute of National Importance (INI) is a status that may be conferred to a higher education institution in India by an act of parliament. They are institutes which “serve as a pivotal player in developing highly skilled personnel within the specified region of the country/state”. INIs receive special recognition and funding.
Establishment Year: 1999
Type: Govt. College
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad
Address: Jhalwa, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
Phone: 0532 292 2067
Courses Offered and Selection Procedure:
|Course Type||Courses||Selection Procedure||Duration of Course (In Years)|
|Undergraduate||B. Tech. (Information Technology)||JEE (Main)||4|
|B. Tech. (Electronics and Communication)||JEE (Main)||4|
|Post Graduate||M.Tech (Information Technology)||Entrance Test + Interview||2|
|M.Tech (Electronics Engineering)||Entrance Test + Interview||2|
|UG+PG (Dual Degree)||Integrated M. Tech (Robotics)||JEE (Main)||5|
|Integrated M. Tech (Stem Cell Engineering)||JEE (Main)||5|
- Undergraduate Courses: 1050
- Postgraduate Courses: 475
A. (ONLY FOR M.TECH): 1. only screened in candidates shall be invited for Entrance Test and Interview as per notification.
- Category wise admission shall be offered on the basis of Merit calculated as per the following weight age:
(a) Entrance Test: 65%
(b) Interview: 35%
There will be provision of Floating Cut off merit for the written test, failing which the candidate will be eliminated from the selection process (Interview).
B. Admissions under DASA (ONLY FOR B.TECH)
The admissions of foreign nationals and Indian students studying abroad to undergraduate Engineering programs in Centrally Funded Institutions (CFIs) is being done under DASA (Direct Admission of Students Abroad) scheme from the academic session 2001-02 onwards.
The academic eligibility criteria for candidates seeking admission under DASA scheme for the academic year 2013-14, is same as last years (i.e DASA 2012-13). Candidates who have secured 60% aggregate marks or 6.75CGPA on a 10 point grade or equivalent grades in all subjects of qualifying examination i.e. senior secondary [10+2] or equivalent and have a valid SAT Subject Test (earlier known as SAT II) score (in subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics level –II) with a minimum score of 1440 are eligible.
Those seeking admission under DASA scheme have to apply online, filling an online application form. For current information, please visit portal for DASA 2014-15 that is being coordinated and organized by National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal.
The institute is located on a campus at Jhalwa, on the outskirts of Allahabad. The new campus has been developed on 100 acres (0.40 km2) of land at Deoghat, Jhalwa, on the outskirts of Allahabad. The campus and other buildings have been styled on patterns developed by a mathematics professor Roger Penrose. Some portion of the Nehru Science Center, within the Allahabad University campus was on lease till 2011.
The Jhalwa campus includes three computer centers with six labs each, 16 lecture halls, electronics library and residential facilities for students and faculty. An open air theater, stadium and recreational facilities are under development. Apart from these there is a library, lecture theater complex and administrative building. A new, state-of-the-art auditorium has been built which has hosted two events so far- Science Conclave 2013 and Dakshata.
The Boys Hostel Campus consisting of BH1, BH2, BH3 and BH4, situated across the road from the main campus, is a vibrant place allotted to the present students and research scholars of the campus. With a residential capacity exceeding 800 and a new hostel BH5 coming up and soon to be operational, the boys hostel campus is the perfect place to be at peace and rest or to put in more of one’s strength and energy when not involved elsewhere in some other pursuit of life which may not include academics.
The centrally air conditioned mess in each of the hostels fulfill the dining requirements of the students and also ensure that the students are able to dine with ease and comfort.
Recreational facilities include provision for sports such as Volley ball, Badminton, Table tennis etcetera and are complimented with gymnasium, common TV rooms. These facilities provide for sufficient avenues for students to relax and decompress from the demanding academic activities.
IIIT Allahabad provides hostel facility with a homely environment to the lady scholars of the institute. It consists of three hostels GH1, GH2, GH3 constituting separate air conditioned mess and gym facilities with 24hrs guidance of caretakers.
For the all round development, the students can access the facility of basketball court, badminton court. Wardens visit the hostel regularly to monitor and ensure the proper functioning of the hostels and the comfort of the students. Major discussions and activities among the students can be carried out in the common room. Timings are strictly adhered to for the incoming and outgoing of the students for their safety. Regular attendance is taken by the caretaker. Ample green cover all around the residential area provides a visually appealing and healthy environment for the residents. Different festivals and cultural events are celebrated together within the hostel campus in a very friendly and homely atmosphere.
Night canteens within the boys and girls hostel premises facilitate the dietary requirements of the students after the normal dining hours – especially when the students are busy burning the midnight oil.
Fee Structure (Per Year for UG/Dual Degree Courses):
|Tuition Fees||Hostel Rent||Examination Fee||Grade Card Fee||Medical Fee||Mess Fee||Total|
Note: Hostel Rent is only for hostlers
Placements: IIIT Allahabad has a very consistent good record of placements. Companies from every realm visit the institute for offering good jobs. For example the year 2012-13 have a look at the stats:
- 100% of our students were placed from the campus itself.
- 75% have been placed in Dream Jobs (package above 5 Lacs Per Annum).
- Highest Package: 65 Lacs Per Annum
- Average Package: 6.6 Lacs Per Annum
- Number of companies that have visited: 69
- GeekHaven Technical Club undertakes all the student technical activity.
- INDEM (IIITA Network Development, Engineering and Management) represents the Network and System Admins at IIITA. INDEM innovates and experiments with technology at the campus LAN, as well as maintaining and managing the internet/intranet services.
- Robita club enables students to experiment with robot design, artificial intelligence programming and related areas. Robot fabrication workshops are conducted.
- The Literary Club debates, extempore and other literary competitions. It publishes IMHO (in English) and Swacchanda (in Hindi), which are two magazines for in-campus circulation.
- RangTarangani is the Dramatics club that organizes workshops for acting and scriptwriting, and holds drama competitions where talent can be showcased. The club has staged performances in Hindi and English. Innovation one act play competition is an annual feature of the club.
- Virtuosi Music Club showcases the musical talent of the institute. The club has a college band.
- Spirit is the Sports Club
- Ushma is the Dance Club
- Thunderbolt, the Audio Lights Club, manages lights, audio equipment, and visual recording of events staged at IIITA.
- Stambh – Program Management and Publicity Club is responsible for management and publicity of events held at IIITA.
Official Sites: For more information please visit following links:
|Official College Website||Click Here|
|Fee Structure||Click Here|