About Company: Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd., is a mega integrated Oil refining and marketing company with Gross Sales of s 2,15,675 Crores and 260th position in the prestigious list of Fortune Global 500 Companies during 2012-13. HPCL accounts for about 20% of the market share and about 10% of the nation’s refining capacity and also operates the largest Lube Refinery in India producing Lube Base Oils of international standards, which accounts for over 40% of the India’s total Lube Base Oil production.HPCL with its performance oriented culture and well-rounded peoples’ policies has won several prestigious awards like the “Golden Peacock Innovative Product/ Service Award 2012”, “Global CSR Excellence & Leadership Award 2013” by World CSR Congress, CSR Excellence Award” 2012-13 by ASSOCHAM” and “INDIASTAR 2012 Award” by the Indian Institute of Packaging (IIP) as recognition of excellence in Packaging.
Education Qualification: Minimum educational qualification for employment in above mentioned positions are:
- Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examinations and awarded bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology in the above mentioned disciplines. All the qualifications should be full time regular course/s from AICTE approved / UGC recognized University/Deemed University. The courses offered by Autonomous Institutions should be equivalent to the relevant courses approved / recognized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU)/UGC/AICTE.
- Candidates (belonging to General and OBC-NC category) should have secured minimum 60% marks (aggregate marks of all semesters) in qualifying degree examinations, relaxed to 50% (aggregate marks of all semesters) for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- Candidates currently in final year of their engineering studies may also apply. However, if selected, they must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by 31st August 2014. At the time of applying Candidates (belonging to General and OBC-NC category) should have secured minimum 60% aggregate marks upto last semester examinations which are relaxed to 50% for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
|Discipline||Prescribed full time degree in engineering|
|Mechanical||Mechanical , Mechanical & Production|
|Electrical||Electrical, Electrical & Electronics|
|Electronics & Telecommunication||Electronics, Electronics & Telecommunication, Electronics and communication|
|Instrumentation||Instrumentation, Instrumentation & Control, Electronics & Instrumentation, Instrumentation & electronics|
No of vacancies: the actual number of vacancies under each discipline will be notified separately at the time of commencement of on-line registration of applications.
Selection Procedure: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2014 score of the candidates in the concerned disciplines. The graduate engineers from the relevant disciplines, desirous of taking up a career with Hindustan Petroleum are required to appear in GATE-2014.
- On the basis of valid GATE-2014 marks, candidates who qualify in GATE 2014 intheir respective discipline, a discipline wise, categorywise list of candidates will be drawn up for further selection process comprising of:
- Group Discussion/Group Task and /or Personal Interview for assessment ofdifferent facets of knowledge, skill, attitude and aptitude.
- A Discipline wise category wise Merit list of all successful candidates i.e. those who qualify in Group Discussions/Tasks and/ or personal interview would be drawn up.
- While drawing merit list of successful candidates 85% weightage would be given to GATE 2014 marks and 15% to Group Discussion / Tasks and/or Personal Interview.
- Please note that only GATE-2014 marks will be valid for this recruitment exercise.
- GATE marks of 2013 or prior to that are not valid.
- Candidates will have to qualify through each stage of selection process successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection.
- Selected candidates shall have all-India transfer liability and may be posted to any Division/Unit/Subsidiary Company/Office of the Corporation.
CTC and training period: Selected candidates will initially undergo training for six months. During the training period, Officer Trainees will be entitled for a consolidated Stipend of r 33,000/- per month. Upon successful completion of training, they will be absorbed at the entry level in the Management Cadre in “A” grade in the Salary Scale of s. 24,900 – 50,500, subject to fulfilling the required performance related/ other criterion, and will be on Probation for a further period of 6 months.
Last Year Cut Off : HPCL Gate Cut Off Marks For Graduate Engineers 2013
For More information and to apply: Click here