ABOUT ISM: Indian School of Mines (ISM) was established in 1926 on the pattern of Royal School of Mines, London, and got the status of Deemed University under the UGC Act in 1967. The School is directly under the financial and administrative control of Ministry Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India since 1996. It is located in Dhanbad, the heart of major Indian coalfields, in the state of Jharkhand. It offers B. Tech., Dual-degree, Integrated M.Sc./M.Sc. Tech, M.Sc./M.Sc. Tech, M.Tech., M.Phil., MBA and Ph.D. in various areas of Science: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Applied Geology and Applied Geophysics; Engineering: Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Electronics, Fuel and Mineral, Mechanical, Mining, Mining Machinery, Petroleum; Environmental and Engineering; Computer Science and Engineering; Humanities and Management.
Eligibility for GATE/Non GATE/Sponsored M.tech: click here
Selection Procedure: Gate Score/ written exam
To know M.tech courses offered by ISM Dhanbad: Click here
Medium of exam: English
The pattern of question paper for M. Tech would be as follows:
- The questions will be objective types with multiple choices.
- The examinee has to choose the most appropriate answer.
- All questions will be asked from the particular subject of examination and restricted to the syllabus of the subject.
- There will be 30 questions of 1 mark each, 20 questions of 2 marks each and 10 questions of 3 marks each.
- Every correct answer will be awarded its allotted mark.
- There will be NEGATIVE MARKING for each of incorrect answers, 25% of the allotted marks will be deducted as negative marking.
- No deduction from the total score will be made if no response is indicated for a question in the ORS sheet.
- The scholarship will be offered only to those students who will be admitted as GATE Candidates at the rate of Rs. 8000/- per month.
- Candidates who are admitted through the entrance examination (i.e. ISMEE) will not be offered any scholarship.
- Sponsored candidates are not eligible for any scholarship.
Fee structure: The fee structure for M. Tech. programmes is under revision. It will be hosted in the university website when it is finalised.
Application Fee: The application fee for both M.Tech. programme is Rs. 2000/- for GN/OBC candidates and Rs.1000/- for SC/ST/PC candidates.
Online Application Form available for
February 24, 2014 (Monday) (12.00 midnight)
Last date of registration for online
April 04, 2014 (Friday) (12.00 midnight)
Last date of submission of online
April 08, 2014 (Tuesday) (12.00 midnight)
Last date for the Receipt of completed
Application Form at ISM
April 14, 2014 (Monday)
Issue of call letter for written test /
counselling letter for GATE candidates (to be downloaded from the website)
April 28, 2014 (Monday) onwards
Commencement of Semester for all M.Tech. courses for the session 2014
15 July 14, 2014 (Monday)
Last date of Admission of Waitlisted
July 21, 2014 (Monday)
To view official advertisement: Click here
To download syllabus for written test: Click here
To apply for M.tech: click here