Brief Analysis of Gate 2014 cutoff score for IIT Roorkee: For admission to M.tech courses in IIT Roorkee candidates are first shortlisted through normalized gate marks for written test/interview. Formula to calculate normalised gate score is:
Normalized GATE Marks in the Paper = Marks out of 100 scored by student* 100/Max. marks awarded in that paper in that year. Below is detailed analysis of gate 2014 cutoff score for IIT Roorkee. Analysis is prepared in comparison to 2013 cutoff:
- Compared to 2013 normalized gate marks has increased/decreased by 1 or 3 marks for Architecture & Planning, Civil Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Comm. Engg., Disaster Mitigation & Management, Nanotechnology
- For departments like Computer Science & Engg , Hydrology gate marks has increased by 5 marks.
- For AHCE cutoff decreased by .28 marks.
- A High jump from 28.19 to 44.92 can be observed for chemical engineering, from 56.76 to 66.84 for Mechanical & Industrial Engg, from 44.98 to 55.68 for Transportation Systems and from 42.23 to 63.7 for Metallurgical & Materials Engg.
- A downfall of 12 marks can be observed for Physics department. However cutoff is same for paper technology i.e 28.
Below is cut off on the basis of normalized gate marks for calling the candidates foran interview / written test / counselling for admission topg programme 2014-15 at iit roorkee.
|ARD||Architecture & Planning||59.9||53.94||40.45||40.45||49.13|
|ECD||Electronics & Comm. Engg.||62.98||56.9||42.28||43.45||43.11|
|CSD||Computer Science & Engg.||53.04||47.84||35.69||36.05||35.83|
|MED||Mechanical & Industrial Engg||66.84||60.16||44.8||44.86||46.94|
|MTD||Metallurgical & Materials Engg||63.7||57.39||42.91||43.36||46.94|
|DMC||Disaster Mitigation & Management||48.05||43.77||32.23||35.59||35.33|
For IIT Roorkee M.tech Admissions 2014 important dates: click here
For M.tech Admissions 2014: click here
For Gate 2013 cutoff : click here