About AIACTR: Ambedkar Institute of Advanced Communication Technologies and Research (AIACTR) was established in 2001 by the Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi. It is developing as a Centre of Excellence imparting technical education in the field of engineering and generating competent professionals with a high degree of credibility, integrity and ethical standards. AIACTR is functioning from its Campus located at Geeta Colony, East Delhi. The Institute has an area of 8.5acres at Geeta colony in which a State-of-Art Campus with ultra-modern facilities and lush green ambiance all around is built. The foundation Stone of the new campus was laid by the Honorable Chief Minister of Delhi Mrs. Sheila Dixit on 24th May 2006. The campus was build in a record time of 18 months by the PWD. The College is having facilities like Centralized Air-Conditioning, RO System, lush green playground, Rain harvesting system, nursery etc.
Establishment Year: 2001
Type: Govt. College (under Delhi Govt.) affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)
Address: Geeta Colony, New Delhi, Delhi 110031 Phone: 011 2204 8045
|Course Type||Courses||Selection Procedure||Duration of Course (In Years)||Intake|
|Undergraduate||B. Tech. (Computer Science and Engineering)||CET 2014||4||60|
|Undergraduate||B. Tech. (Electronics and Communication Engineering)||CET 2014||4||120|
|Post Graduate||M.Tech (Information Security)||GATE/Entrance exam||2||18|
|Post Graduate||M.Tech (Digital Communication)||GATE/Entrance exam||2||18|
|Post Graduate||M.Tech (Signal Processing)||GATE/Entrance exam||2||18|
|Post Graduate||M.Tech (RF & Microwave)||GATE/Entrance exam||2||18|
- Computer Science & Engineering (CSE): The Computer Science and Engineering course spares no effort in imparting high quality education to its highly motivated students. The B.Tech programme is innovatively designed to cater to global demands offers a balanced coverage of hardware and software with emphasis on aspects of software including programming. The duration of this course is four years
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE): The curriculum is designed to give adequate emphasis on the digital processing of information for efficient communication over noisy channels. In tune with that objective, the syllabus features courses like Statistical Theory of Communication, DSP Architectures and Systems, Communication Switching Systems, Computer Networks, Communication Electronic Circuits, Microwave Components and Circuits, Satellite Communication, Photonic Devices and Systems, giving a balanced coverage of the theory and practice of modern Communication Engineering.
- Humanities: The Department of Humanities has an excellent reputation for its teaching and research, The disciplines under humanities study the human condition using methods that are primarily analytic, critical, or speculative. Through the humanities we reflect on the fundamental question: What does it mean to be human?
Campus and hostel: The institute covers area of 8.5 acres (34,000 m2) in Geeta colony with ultra-modern facilities and lush green ambiance. Salient features the campus is equipped with are:
- RO system for pure hygienic drinking water.
- Full power backup for lights and fans (2×250 KVA DG set)
- Rainwater harvesting system
- Sewage treatment plant for recycling of waste water
- Separate entrance ramps and toilets for physically challenged persons
- Vacuum dewatered cement concrete roads
- External finishing with GRC tiles and texture paint
- Lift facility available
- Central air conditioning system
- Well-equipped spacious and digital library
- Well equipped labs for under graduate and post graduate engineering students
- EDUSAT terminal
- Classrooms with state-of-the-art facilities
Hostel Facility: Currently there is no hostel facility available.
Fee Structure: B.Tech. & LE B.Tech. (CSE/ECE) & M.Tech. Regular (DC/IS/SP/RF) in Ambedkar Institute of Advanced Communication Technologies & Research fee structure is as under:
|Details of Fee||Total Fee Payable (Rs.)|
|Fee Per Annum (Govt & Non Govt. Components)||25,000 Per Annum|
|Security Deposit (Refundable) One Time Payment||5,000 One Time|
|University’s Charges Per Annum||10,000 Per Annum|
Note: For M.Tech programme Rs. 1000/- will be deducted from security deposit as alumni fee.
Placements: The Training & Placement Section endeavours to provide career planning and job seeking assistance to students. AIACTR has a full-fledged Training & Placement Section with faculty in charge: Vishal Bhatnagar and TPO Dipti Mal. The T&P Section takes care training programmes for career planning and development, job interviews and total personality development, industrial contacts and image-building activities on behalf of the college, educational tours to industries and projects, job placement through campus interviews, practical training during vacations, career counseling and guidance.
Festivals: Conversance is the annual cultural cum technical fest of AIT. It began as a platform for the students to showcase their talent and knowledge in fields of practical application and cultural significance in 2003. Since then Conversance has come a long way to become one of the major festivals of any major college in Delhi. Students at AICTR have always ventured beyond books and classrooms to inculcate ingenuity and innovation as part of college life. The annual KHEL sports meet is includes major sports: cricket, football, badminton, LAN gaming, etc.
Official Sites: For more information please visit following links:
|Official College Website||Click Here|
|Under Graduate Programmes||Click Here|
|Post Graduate Programmes||Click Here|
|Student Activities||Click Here|