Overview: JEE Exam is one of the most prestigious Exams conducted all over the India. Approximately five lakh students appeared for this exam every year and only 10,000 students were given ranks, a result of just 2% till 2012. Now, in 2015 around 13 lakh students appeared for JEE Mains out of which only 1.5 lakh students were selected for JEE Advanced, and finally approximately 10,000 were given ranks, that make it 0.77%.
Below are some of the tips for success in JEE MAIN and ADVANCED 2016:
- Focus on Accuracy – In JEE MAIN and ADVANCED Exams, you must have speed with accuracy since Exam will be lengthy and twisted. Accuracy is required so as to avoid negative marking.
- Build Concepts rather than try to learn everything –It is very important for JEE preparation that whatever concepts you study should be strong, otherwise you will face problems while solving questions as all the questions asked in JEE are application based. Try to avoid learn everything and focus more on building concepts. More importantly, the stronger your concepts, the more you will enjoy studying the latter topics.
- Thorough analysis of topics – Analysis of everything you do is must. Understand each and every topic thoroughly. Analysis will give you an idea about your weakness and strength. Depending on that one should work hard on weaknesses and improving strength.
- Set your time – Always mark your time with a clock while solving the JEE MAIN and ADVANCED papers. In Maths, use short methods for calculations and skip irrelevant steps to save time.
- Prioritization is necessary – Prioritize after a quick glance, and start answering the questions you know best and move progressively to the ones you find difficult after attempting the complete paper. Prioritize your questions wisely. If you solve easy and average questions correctly, you can easily get through. You must attempt questions carrying no negative marks.
- Make notes of the important topics – Make meaningful notes. Write down important formulae, tips, tricks and techniques in a separate notebook. These will be of great help before the exam when you are hard-pressed for time.
- Hard Work should be in the right direction – Whatever work you do in your routine, if it does not have any direction then the work done will be a waste. When you work blindly without knowing anything you may fail to get a proper result.
Once you complete a subject, test yourself. Go for sample test papers or solve sample questions from the book. You can also go for JEE Main online test series or mock tests.
All the best Guys from Team Engistan !!