JEE Main 2016 is conducted by CBSE for admission to undergraduate engineering and architecture courses in NITs, IIITs, CFTs etc. JEE Main 2016 will be conducted on 3 April 2016 (Offline) and on 9 and 10 April 2016 (Online). Engineering (B.Tech/B.E) aspirants have to appear for the Paper 1 and architecture aspirants (B.Arch / B.Planning) have to appear in the Paper 2. Also this year top two lakh candidates from JEE (Main) 2016 will be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2016 whereas in 2015 top 1.5 lakh students were eligible.
Candidates can below get complete details about JEE Main 2016 eligibility, JEE Main 2016 important dates, JEE Main 2016 application form, JEE Main 2016 admit card, JEE Main 2016 exam pattern, JEE Main 2016 preparation material, JEE Main 2016 result.
JEE Main 2016 are available now. Last date to apply for JEE Main 2016 is 31 December 2015. JEE Main 2016 offline exam will be conducted on 3 April 2016. JEE Main 2016 online exam will be conducted on 9 and 10 April 2016 in two shifts (09:30 to 12:30 am and 02:00 to 05:00 pm) if required.
Exam Name: Joint Entrance Exam Main or (JEE Main)
Exam Type: National
Conducting Institute: CBSE Board
JEE Main 2016 selection procedure: JEE main 2016 Score + normalized marks of Class XII in the ratio 60:40.
JEE Main 2016 eligibility:
- Age Limit: The General Category (GEN) candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 01 October 1991 are eligible to appear in JEE Main 2016 whereas for Scheduled Tribe (ST), Scheduled Caste (SC), Persons with Disabilities (PwD) the upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years.
- Year of appearance in qualifying exam: Candidates who have passed 12th class or equivalent qualifying exam in 2014 or 2015 or those who are appearing in 12th class or equivalent qualifying exam in 2016 are eligible to appear for JEE (Main) 2016.
- Number of attempts for JEE Main 2016 are limited to three.
Online application form for JEE Main 2016 will be available from 1 December 2016. Last date to apply for JEE Main 2016 application form is 31 December 2016. Before applying for JEE Main 2016 candidate must read eligibility criteria, education qualification for JEE main 2016. JEE Main 2016 application fee can be paid by Debit/Credit Card or through e-challan.
Click me to apply for JEE Main 2016
JEE Main 2016 syllabus:
Candidate must check JEE Main syllabus for each subject i.e, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics to perform well in the exam. JEE Main 2016 syllabus will be available in JEE Main 2016 information brochure. JEE Main 2016 information brochure will be available for download from 1 December 2016.
JEE Main 2016 exam Pattern:
- JEE Main consists of two Paper: Paper 1 (B.E./B. Tech.) and Paper 2 (B. Arch. / B. Planning) i.e, Paper 1 is for admission to B.tech/B.E courses and Paper 2 is for admission to architecture course. Duration of each paper is 3 hours.
- Paper 1 will be held in both online and offline mode whereas Paper 2 will be held in offline mode only.
- Paper 1 consists of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Check detailed exam patter below:
|Subject||Number of questions in Paper 1||Marks per question|
- Paper 2 consists of Mathematics, Aptitude test and drawing test.Check detailed exam patter below:
|Subject||Number of questions in Paper 2||Marks per question|
|Part I – Mathematics||30||4|
|Part II – Aptitude Test||50||4|
|Part III – Drawing||2||35|
JEE Main 2016 sample paper:
Candidates preparing for JEE Main 2016 must practice sample paper to score high in exam. Candidate can buy or download pdf of JEE Main sample paper which are released by different publication. Candidates can practice the Model paper of JEE Main as per their convenience and by their analysis they can find their weak and strong areas.
JEE Main 2016 admit card:
JEE Main 2016 admit card will be made available online in the second week of March 2016. Candidate can download the admit card from JEE Main official website. To appear for JEE Main 2016 candidate must carry admit card of JEE Main 2016 to exam center. Admit card will be available for those candidates whose JEE Main 2016 application form is submitted successfully.
|JEE Main 2016 Online Application form availability||1 December 2015|
|Last Date to apply for JEE Main 2016||31 December 2015|
|Download JEE Main 2016 Admit Card||2nd week of March 2016|
|JEE Main 2016 Paper 1 and Paper 2 (offline) Exam||3 April 2016|
|JEE Main 2016 online Paper 1||9 April 2016 to 10 April 2016|
|Display of Answer Key and OMR sheets for JEE Main||3rd week of April 2016|
|JEE Main 2016 Results (Scores)||4th week of April 2016|
|JEE Main 2016 All India Ranks (AIR)||1st week of July 2016|
|Availability of JEE Main 2016 Rank Card||After declaration of AIRs|
JEE Main 2016 answer key:
Answer key for JEE Main 2016 will be released by CBSE in 3rd week of April 2016. Candidates can cross check their answers and they can also challenge the JEE Main answer key. Answer key for each set of JEE Main 2016 will be made available separately.
JEE Main 2016 result:
Result for JEE Main 2016 will be made available in two steps:
- In first step JEE Main 2016 score will be announced by CBSE in the 4th week of April 2016. This score is used to filter the candidates who qualified for JEE Advanced 2016.
- Based on JEE Main score and class 12 marks CBSE will declare the JEE Main 2016 All India Rank (AIR) in the 1st week of July 2016.
Right study material and best book play a vital role in preparation of JEE Main 2016. Candidate should read the standard text book for all three subjects thoroughly i.e, NCERT book for Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Apart from these books students can refer other books also to practice more questions and for better understanding of some topics.
JEE Main cutoff 2016:
- JEE Main cutoff marks 2016 will be announced with JEE Main result. Cutoff marks for JEE Main is different for different categories. JEE Main cutoff marks depends on factors like number of student appeared, difficulty level of exam etc.
- JEE main 2016 cutoff rank 2016 will be made available by JOSAA during counseling. JEE Main 2016 opening and closing rank will be announced by JOSAA for each round and each college.
JEE Main previous year cutoff:
Previous year cutoff for JEE Main give aspirants an insight about last year opening and closing ranks for different colleges. It help candidates to know the near about rank they must get to study in a particular college. From 2015, JOSAA is platform for common counselling of JEE Main and JEE Advanced.
JEE Main cutoff marks: click here
JEE Main cutoff ranks: click here
JEE Main previous year question paper:
JEE Main aspirants must solve the previous year question papers to prepare well for JEE Main. Solving previous year question paper for JEE Main helps the students to get an idea about the type of questions, number of questions, marking scheme, duration of exam etc about JEE Main.
JOSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) is a common counselling platform for JEE Main and JEE advanced. JOSAA is responsible for seat allotment in 18 IITs and ISM, 31 NITs, 18 IIITs and 18 GFTIs. JOSAA counselling process will start after JEE Main and JEE Advanced rank declaration. In 2015, there were three rounds for seat allotment and one round for NITs and GFTIs.